The Browser Company
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Hi, we're The Browser Company 👋 and we're building a better way to use the internet.
Browsers are unique in that they are one of the only pieces of software that you share with your parents as well as your kids. Which makes sense, they're our doorway to the most important things — through them we socialize with loved ones, work on our passion projects, and explore our curiosities. But on their own, they don’t actually do a whole lot, they’re kind of just there. They don’t help us organize our messy lives or make it easier to compose our ideas. We believe that the browser could do so much more — it can empower and support the amazing things we do on the internet. That’s why we’re building one: a browser that can help us grow, create, and stay curious.
To accomplish this lofty task, we’re building a diverse team of people from different backgrounds and experiences. This isn’t optional, it’s crucial to our mission, as we need a wide range of perspectives to challenge our assumptions and shape our browser through a bold, creative lens.
With that in mind, we especially encourage women, people of color, and others from historically marginalized groups to apply.
About the Storytelling Team
The Storytelling Team at The Browser Company focuses on growth. Growth of Arc’s member base, of our brand, of our voice in the industry. Equal parts art and science, this team is responsible for dreaming up fresh and unconventional ways of introducing Arc to millions of people around the world. We believe that one day The Browser Company will be mentioned in the same sentence as companies like Nike, Apple, Disney. The Storytelling Team’s mission is to get us there.
About The Role
As one of the first Storytelling Growth hires at The Browser Company, you’ll have the opportunity to join us in shaping this next phase of our go-to-market and our company. From campaigns to community, SEO to referrals, product launches to influencer strategies you’ll develop and execute on experiments geared towards uncovering new avenues for growth and scaling our wonderful, global member base.
Overall you will...
- Dream up and execute on growth experiments. Identify opportunities for repeatable growth across new or existing platforms, channels, or communities and develop rapid prototypes to validate, and eventually productize them.
- Grow our presence in existing niches. Run campaigns to scale our presence in communities where we already have passionate Arc champions — like students, designers, influencers.
- Drive funnel optimizations. Work closely with Data to develop and test hypotheses on optimizing our acquisition channels, from website, to email campaigns, SEO and more.
- Create product growth moments. Collaborate with Brand and Product to turn large product launches into creative and fun public growth moments.
You're excited about...
- Being highly autonomous. You love to dream up big projects and see them through, with exquisite attention to the details along the way.
- Finding the stories in the numbers. You’re driven by data but also love to find the story in the numbers, turning a small insight into a larger Storytelling opportunity.
- Owning execution. As a core part of our Storytelling team, you enjoy executing projects end-to-end, from logistics to copywriting for experiments and campaigns.
- Being inspired by different industries. As the Storytelling team, we aspire to bring something different to our broader industry. You love to seek creative and human inspiration from outside of tech, and may even be joining us from a different industry!
Compensation and Benefits
With our flexible compensation model, employees have the ability to design their compensation according to their needs. People join startups for different reasons and we want to be accommodating and flexible to everyone’s lives. Every candidate approved for an offer receives two options:
✉️ The first offer is a lower salary with a higher equity package
✉️ The second is a higher salary with a lower equity package.
Candidates can choose either option or anywhere in between the two on a sliding scale. The annual salary range for this role is $142,000-$190,000 USD, and the actual salary range offered will vary based on experience level and interview performance.
In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, we provide every employee with:
- comprehensive benefits package, with employee medical, dental, and vision premiums covered at 100%
- 401k plan
- flexible vacation policy, with a recommended minimum of 20 days off (no maximum!)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- $1,500 USD home office stipend
- Employees based in the US also receive free annual memberships to One Medical, Talkspace, Teladoc, and HealthAdvocate
The Browser Company is a well funded, ambitious startup of about 60 people (and growing!) who are passionate about building great products. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with the option to work in office in New York. We strongly support diversity and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.