Vice President of Marketing
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace equity
As our VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for leading our high performing marketing team to drive growth, and ensure flawless execution of the overall integrated marketing strategy.
Cross-functional collaboration is critical to the success of this role. You will work closely with the Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Corporate Communications to drive Syndio’s credibility forward via direct marketing and leveraging the credibility of customers, media influencers and our strategic initiatives team, who are experts across compensation, employment law and partnerships.
You will oversee the planning, development and execution of all Syndio’s demand generation, product marketing, content and event initiatives which will generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing including both demand generation and product marketing.
You will work closely with product, customer success, and sales to evolve our product packaging and pricing as the competitive landscape changes, keeping pace with the macro environment and category maturation. Your team will be the experts on what’s happening with competitors and engage in a consistent feedback loop with the company to respond and engage.
As a leader of the Marketing organization you will provide leadership and development for your managers and the broader team, by creating a supportive and inclusive culture.
Why this job is exciting
Drive the vision and oversee efforts across all marketing functions;
- Lead and empower a high performing, collaborative team of cross functional marketers.
- Create a climate that is conducive to attracting, hiring, training, and developing a diverse group of top talent.
- Work closely with the strategy team consisting of subject matter experts who can help to inform content and activities to drive both near term growth and longer term hyper-growth.
- Engage in a meaningful way with the communications organization to leverage marketing goals with third party press
- Encourage a culture of curiosity and continuous learning within the team- developing our next generation leaders.
Own messaging architecture in partnership with sales to stay ahead of market trends, create a constant feedback loop with our customer’s needs, and establish differentiated market positioning.
Demand generation; Partner with Sales and Operations to develop and maintain a robust top of funnel for our products to meet business growth and revenue objectives.
Product Marketing; Work closely with the product group to ensure implementation of product positioning strategy.
Be an active participant on the executive team to develop results driven marketing strategies for company growth;
- Create goals, roadmap, and budgets to achieve desired outcomes.
- Optimize and utilize marketing data and analytics to ensure the team understands the real time state of marketing and demand.
- Must be located on the west coast, preferably Seattle
- Experience in Marketing leadership position - recommended 10 years of experience
- You have deep understanding and experience in driving B2B and/or SaaS Enterprise demand in partnership with sales leadership.
- You have experience in the HR Tech space (big big plus understanding our space at some capacity)
- You have scaled an organization to 100MM
- You have the quantitative chops to define and assess marketing success, but also know when to stop analyzing and run with a fresh, creative idea that will engage our audience.
- Experience scaling acquisition engine, driving company wide marketing strategy in partnership with cross functional teams
- Experienced full stack marketer with proven track record of scaling high growth B2B / SaaS businesses
- Experience managing annual budget with excellent ROI metrics
- Highly analytical; able to make data driven decisions and establish effective metrics to approach marketing strategy and spend while not losing sight of the brand
- An execution focused leader that is not afraid to take on the heavy lifting and lead by example when needed with a bias towards action
- You are diligently curious, eager to engage deeply with the product and our customers to tease out the highest impact growth opportunities
- Effective leader at managing change in a fast moving and constantly evolving market
- Executive level communication and presentation skills
- Prefer an MBA from a top tier school
- You are passionate about our mission to advance workplace equity
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, our pricing/packaging, the business, demand sources, and the customer journey. You will establish relationships with your team and key functional partners across the organization and will understand sales processes and motions through ride-alongs, 1:1s, and establish a reporting cadence.
- Within 3 months, the training wheels will be off and you will be fully driving the marketing plan and rhythm of the business
- Within 6 months, you’ve established strong momentum, have a handle on what is driving the business, and will be an integral part of the leadership team
- Within 12 months, you’ll build the 2024 operational plan and we will wonder how we ever lived without you
- Check out our Employee Experience page for more information on our Mission & Values, Work-Life Balance, Pay Transparency, Diversity, Culture, and Benefits.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our base salary is targeted at $175,000 -$250,000 per year. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise. We take a geo neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to, plus paid sick & safe time, compassion leave, and voting leave.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
- Fully remote model - #LI-Remote
The interview overview
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our VP Marketing position. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 30 minute zoom interview with our consultant
- Video interviews with several team members (CEO, CFO, CSO, CRO, VP Product) - 2.5 hours
- Interview with board member - 1 hour
- In-Person meet & greet with CEO
- Final reference checks
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.
Something looks off?