Vice President, Customer Success
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace equity
As our VP of Customer Success, you will be responsible for the success management strategy of Customer Success for all customer segments, Customer Implementation, and Customer Education. You will work closely with senior leadership, to provide analysis on customer performance, trends, and satisfaction with Syndio.You will collaborate with the GTM team and Product as this role acts as the voice of the customer; influencing appropriate product, process, and system changes that continually improve the customer experience. This leader understands the moments that matter in the customer journey and ensures the teams are driving the right motions and leveraging the right activities to create positive business and customer outcomes.
You will work closely with our customer success team, sales, marketing, product, and engineering team to design world-class experiences for our customers, while ensuring that the team's goals, activities, and actions are aligned with the key business priorities and objectives and meet the performance targets and goals defined.As a leader of the Customer Success organization, you will provide leadership and development for your managers and the broader team, by creating a supportive and inclusive culture.
You will lead our world class customer success team by;
- Creating a climate that is conducive to attracting, hiring, training, and developing a diverse group of top talent.
- Encouraging a culture of curiosity and continuous learning within the team- developing our next generation leaders.
You will enable our customer success team to drive customer value by;
- Guiding the team on how to drive adoption, advocacy and growth as a strategic advisor to our customers.
- Developing and managing programs and operational cadence to meet different customer needs at all stages of the customer journey: mid-market, enterprise and strategic.
- Championing a robust customer education strategy that scales our support model and provides on-demand education for our customers
You will represent the voice of the customer and influencing internal stakeholders by;
- Promoting customer centric mindset across the organization
- Collaborating with product around driving product road map to meet customer needs and support business objectives
- Work closely with sales/ account management to expand our customers across our product platform, with a focus on customer retention and expansion identification strategies.
You will define, manage, and track operational metrics for the team such as;
- Ongoing success such as time to value, engagement, renewal, retention (GRR), and advocacy
- Net Retained Revenue through renewals and expansion ARR
- Work closely with senior leadership, to provide analysis on customer performance, trends, opportunities and satisfaction to support budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in Customer Success leadership positions within SaaS B2B technology - recommended 10 years of experience
- Experience as an individual contributor in a CS, or similar, position (post sale and upsell)
- Experience in Customer Success organization that delivers high touch service for a complex software model
- Experience creating strategies to support Enterprise and Mid Market customers
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Highly analytical; able to make data driven decisions and establish effective metrics to approach CS strategy
- Proven ability to enhance and develop established customer success organizations, exceeding KPI’s
- Extreme empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Effective leader at understanding and managing change in a fast moving and constantly evolving market
- Required: Located in Greater Seattle
- HR Tech Experience
- Check out our Employee Experience page for more information on our Mission & Values, Work-Life Balance, Pay Transparency, Diversity, Culture, and Benefits.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our salary is targeted at $185,000 - $220,000 base per year, with an a variable opportunity of 30%. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise. We take a geo neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to, plus paid sick & safe time, compassion leave, and voting leave.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
- Fully remote model, working from Seattle - #LI-Remote
The interview overview
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Vice President of Customer Success position. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 30 minute zoom interview with the Hiring Manager
- Four cross function video interviews with Sales, Account Management, and Professional Services, advisor - 2 hours
- In person interview with CCO, CEO, CFO, VP Product in Seattle
- Final meet & greet with future direct reports - 30 min
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.