Account Manager, Renewals & Expansion
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace equity
- Serve as a trusted partner to Syndio's customer teams, leading renewals and implementing upsell/growth strategies for customers
- Consistently prioritize customers' current and long-term business objectives, recommending solutions/products to maximize value for both the customer and Syndio
- Conduct proactive client meetings to positively impact customer loyalty and drive revenue growth
- Participate in business reviews, strategy sessions, and renewal conversations to mitigate churn and uncover revenue growth opportunities
- Develop and maintain an intimate and updated understanding of Syndio's workplace equity offerings, roadmap, limitations, and best practices
- Achieve quarterly and annual renewal revenue targets while maintaining accurate account and opportunity forecasting within our internal forecasting system
- Assist clients in developing the business case and value proposition for proposed solutions when necessary and collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and execute account plans
- Proven relationship builder and manager with strong project management capabilities and effective communication skills
- Business-savvy with an executive presence, capable of holistically solving for an account and driving deals proactively
- Technologically literate and proficient in troubleshooting, with the ability to ramp up and support a complex suite of products
- Consistently delivers excellent service and embodies the role of a consultative, trusted advisor
- Understands the importance of data hygiene and adheres to best practices in internal processes and reporting (examples: forecasting, customer lifecycle management, or opportunity tracking)
- Experience conducting product overviews, and negotiating pricing, expansions, and renewals
- Deeply curious, identifies customer requirements, uncovers roadblocks, and demonstrates strong account management for timely renewal
- Thrives in the challenge of a startup environment, adapting and thriving amidst change
- Positive attitude, hustle, and persistence in your approach
- Great listener, you know where to poke and prod with customers to inspire action and drive organizational change
- Required to live in Greater Seattle or Greater New York
- Experience selling to compensation and total rewards professionals
- Overall understanding of the HR technology landscape
- Background in compensation, DEI, Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Within 1 month: Complete a comprehensive onboarding process, becoming an advocate for workplace equity
- Within 3 months: Fully ramped, partnering with Syndio CSMs to secure renewals, and understanding customers' short and long-term needs
- Within 6 months: Develop a growth pipeline, confident in your role, and provide input into other areas of the business based on customer insights (e.g., marketing & product)
- Check out our Employee Experience page for more information on our Mission & Values, Work-Life Balance, Pay Transparency, Diversity, Culture, and Benefits.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our salary is targeted at $110,000 base per year, with an OTE of $180,000 - no cap. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise. We take a geo neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to, plus paid sick & safe time, compassion leave, and voting leave.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
- Fully remote model - #LI-Remote
The interview overview
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Account Manager position. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 30 minute zoom interview with the Hiring Manager
- Two cross function video interviews with Sales and Enablement - 1 hour
- Presentation to a panel - 45 minutes
- Final interview with executive - 30 minutes
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.