Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a Series-C technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by investments of $83M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
This is a critical moment when organizations are looking for ways to take tangible action to fight gender and racial bias, and we believe creating diverse and inclusive workplaces for all starts with workplace equity
As a machine learning engineer at Syndio you will work closely with the data science team to modernize our data science infrastructure, build new patterns for deploying AI solutions, scale our machine learning capabilities, and deploy math-based features to our product. In this role you will be hands-on working within Data Science, ML, AI, and NLP. You will evangelize these fundamentals throughout the company by engaging in technical discussions with engineering and business partners.
- Design, develop, and deploy ML algorithms and models, focusing on continuous improvement and integration.
- Work closely with application engineers to integrate ML functionalities into apps.
- Partner with data scientists to transform prototypes into high-performance production models.
- Overhaul and upgrade the existing data science platform to ensure it's scalable, efficient, and up-to-date.
- Utilize GCP tools, notably VertexAI, Temporal, BigQuery, for deploying, monitoring, and scaling ML models.
- Ensure the machine learning solutions are cloud-compatible and optimized for performance
- Apply knowledge of generative AI techniques to develop innovative solutions and features
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in generative AI and incorporate relevant ones into our platform.
- Ensure seamless deployment of ML code in a production environment
- Implement best practices for version control, testing, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Design and implement complex big data ETLs to drive core functionalities of our products
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities for our data products
- Hands on experience building and deploying production-level code for SaaS
- Have extensive professional experience in machine learning engineering, data science, or a related role
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Advanced knowledge of Python and software development best practice
- Extensive knowledge of GCP tools, especially VertexAI and BigQuery
- Solid understanding of the complete machine learning development lifecycle
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Required: Greater Seattle or Greater New York
- Check out our Employee Experience page for more information on our Mission & Values, Work-Life Balance, Pay Transparency, Diversity, Culture, and Benefits.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation. For this role our salary is targeted at $151,000 -$177,000 per year. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as experience and expertise. We take a geo neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
- 🏆 Syndio Equity. So you can share in Syndio’s success.
- 🏝 Flexible Vacation Policy. We encourage our team to recharge when they need to, plus paid sick & safe time, compassion leave, and voting leave.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision. Syndio pays 90% of employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- 🏥 Life Insurance & Disability. Syndio covers the full premium.
- 🏦 401(k). To help you save for your future.
- Remote/ Hybrid model - #LI-Remote
The interview overview
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Machine Learning Software Engineer position. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 30 minute zoom interview with the Hiring Manager
- Three video interviews with several team members (Data Scientist, Product Manager) - 1.25 hours
- A take-home assignment (This replaces live coding in further interviews)
- 60 minute technical interview where you will review your take home
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.