Human Resources Coordinator
Administration, People & HR
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Human Resources Coordinator
People Operations /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and are excited to add to our team. We offer a strong benefits package, a flexible work and vacation schedule, and a team invested in the personal growth of its employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
Ridwell’s Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Human Resources (HR) department and contributing to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of HR operations as we execute our people initiatives, provide great internal team member support, and drive HR functional excellence. This involves administrative support, including record-keeping, file maintenance, and data entry. The HR Coordinator is highly organized and detail-oriented, preferably with experience working for a start-up or growing company. This role requires a strong understanding of HR systems and technologies, the ability to be a team player with a can-do attitude, and the ability to communicate consistently and clearly, with empathy and professionalism.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Manage the general HR email inbox and either promptly respond or escalate questions to other members of the HR team.
- Ensure timely and accurate HRIS system data entry, including new hire onboarding, personnel information changes and terminations; assist with recurring HR reporting and basic analysis.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all HR system-related inquiries, issues and escalations, ensuring timely and accurate resolution.
- Administer HR systems and other applications, including ADP Workforce Now and Slack.
- Coordinate employee onboarding, including background checks, MVRs, facilitating new hire paperwork, inputting data to payroll / HRIS, and creating electronic employee files.
- Support employee lifecycle logistics, including employee onboarding/offboarding and exits, exit interviews, employee changes and change letters, leave of absence documentation, etc.
- Help develop and streamline HR processes, create and maintain process documents, maintain personnel files and organizational charts, and aid with regular, ongoing reporting requirements.
- Create and prepare ad-hoc and recurring reports, track data, and maintain metrics and analytics.
- Coordinate and assist with the rollout of new initiatives and projects including new policies and procedures, total rewards analysis, updating handbooks, performance management, employee surveys, annual benefits enrollment, etc.
- Processes employment verifications, unemployment claims, and assists with responses to outside agencies.
- Ensure all procedures are followed in line with company policies, industry best practices, and legal guidance.
- Travel to various work locations as needed.
- Manage all duties with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of HR systems and technologies; Experience working with and using ADP Workforce Now.
- Ability to be a team player and have a can-do, positive attitude; proactive problem solver.
- Customer service minded: the ability to communicate consistently and clearly, respond with empathy and professionalism, and manage expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive HR data.
- Must be creative, resourceful and flexible in response to the environment of a growing organization.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
Benefits at Ridwell
- We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, vision and dental
- Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible spending account for transportation
- Life insurance and disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount on monthly Ridwell subscription
- 401(k) plan
$67,000 - $82,000 a year
This range is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate. Compensation includes both salary and equity options. At this time, we can only hire US-based candidates.
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities.