Director of Business Operations and Strategy
Remote · Seattle, WA, USA · Portland, OR, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Director of Business Operations and Strategy
Central Operations /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
As Ridwell’s Director of Business Operations and Strategy and a foundational hire on our Central Operations team, your impact will be felt across the company. Your work will be critical to advancing our operational strategy through rigorous data-backed analysis and driving profitable growth across current and future Ridwell markets. You will identify opportunities for efficiency gains, set the vision for iterative improvements, and build the tools required to meet targets defined at the top. This is a strategic leadership position that requires operational expertise, business acumen, and a desire to dig into data to tell a compelling story.
You will utilize data to propose program developments, experiment with pilot programs, and execute standard operating procedures across all of Ridwell's market locations. You will establish key performance indicators for operational programs, and develop tools to track and evaluate program success. You will be responsible for scaling the knowledge gained from these programs across multiple markets to drive profitability and success.
In your role as the Director of Business Operations and Strategy, you'll be a confident stakeholder manager and comfortable developing and presenting content for our monthly business review. As a foundational Central Operations hire, your ability to effectively manage relationships and focus on the details will make you a highly-valued member of the team.
- Our Member is Our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Strategize: You will develop a standardized operational strategy that can be customized according to market-level specifications
- Analyze: You will analyze data and perform Excel-based analyses to inform operational improvements
- Build: You are an intrapreneur who identifies new opportunities while understanding how the program fits into the 30,000-foot view
- Collaborate: You value cross-functional success and will build influential relationships across Operations, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Finance, and HR to bring business suggestions to life
- Lead: You develop those around you, deliver direct and actionable feedback, and build relationships founded on trust
- Communicate: You are a strong written and verbal communicator, able to document top-tier SOPs, build slides for MBRs, and lead Ridwell’s Rhythm of Business
- Change: You enjoy catalyzing and managing organizational change, respectfully pushing business objectives forward, even if your opinion is not the most popular one
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Business Operations
- A skilled manager with a passion for developing and supporting talent
- Expertise using Excel & Google Sheets, including the ability to build dashboards and models (Experience with SQL and Tableau is a plus)
- Experience with operational strategy development for an hourly workforce
- Ability to build collaborative and influential relationships at all levels
- Experience in tech-enabled environments and partnering with product and technical teams
Benefits at Ridwell
- We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following benefits:
- Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
$150,000 - $170,000 a year
This range is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate. Compensation includes both salary and equity options. At this time, we can only hire US-based candidates.
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.