Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA · Portland, OR, USA · Seattle, WA, USA · Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Finance & Accounting /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We offer a strong benefits package, a flexible work and vacation schedule, and a team invested in the personal growth of its employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
The accounting and finance team is responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial data to Ridwells stakeholders as well as providing support and guidance via analytics, forecasts and budgeting. Our contributions to Ridwell’s mission are critical to its success by ensuring we are making data driven business decisions and the company is financed and operating appropriately for its goals.
Ridwell is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting, the accounting manager will oversee the accounting department and its team members, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financial statements to internal and external stakeholders. As one of our first finance hires, you will have the opportunity to play a significant role in defining our finance and accounting processes and team culture as we grow. You should be willing to get deep into details and see what it means to run a recycling and reuse business, as much of what we do on the finance side involves deeply understanding our business and operations. In doing so, you will work cross functionally with many teams.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Overseeing and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to:
- AP and cash management
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Tax and compliance
- Preparation, review and analysis of financial statements to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with GAAP
- Assessing current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements in efficiency, cost, and speed of close processes
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- 5+ years of relevant experience, in public accounting or at a start-up preferred, CPA is a plus
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Extremely detail and accuracy oriented
- Motivated, initiative taking and comfortable working independently
- Happy working with numbers and spreadsheets a lot of the time
- Willingness to prepare work schedules as well as review and oversee as is needed to meet deadlines, budgets, and other team members capacity
$95,000 - $130,000 a year
This is a remote full-time, salary-exempt remote position with the opportunity to work from our Seattle office if you live in the area. We give you flexibility to decide when, where, and how to get your work done. We do ask that you be available for team meetings which occur during the overlap of core business hours for Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern time. You also need to be comfortable working digitally with teams around the country.
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.