Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 2, 2021
Welcome to Intro, the best way to book world class experts and get advice over a video call.
We’re a mission driven company
We believe that access to people and knowledge can unlock human potential. Whether it’s learning how to perform an exercise from a top fitness trainer or getting business advice from a successful entrepreneur, access and information can improve your life and the lives of others. That is why our mission is to give everyone access to anyone.
The founding team
Our founder and CEO previously built an operating system that was acquired by Intuit and became the new QuickBooks Online. Our CTO previously built a marketplace that was used by millions of people and generated over $100m in GMV. We love working on BIG problems for a LOT of people and believe that Intro will be the most impactful yet.
Come build Intro with us and help us accelerate our mission to give everyone access to anyone.
We’re backed by Andreessen Horowitz (A16Z), Alexis Ohanian (founder of Reddit), Tiffany Haddish, Kevin Durant, and a group of world class investors.
Based in California, but work from anywhere
We’re a fully distributed team that deeply cares about producing high quality results. The founders live in LA, but you can live anywhere. We care about hiring people that are talented, believe in the mission, and are good human beings.
Why work with us?
On your first day, we’ll do a few exercises to help you identify your life goals. We’ll ask questions like “what do you imagine your life looking like if you achieved all of your goals” and “why are those goals important to you?” Once we identify those goals, they become our goals and we will work together to help make them a reality.
Next, we’ll ask you about things that matter to you in the short term. These could be things like a gym membership, meditation classes, or an allowance to attend concerts (when they come back). It’s an open ended exercise and we’ll come up with a perks package that makes you feel valued. Please note, we cannot yet buy you a ticket on a SpaceX rocket. It’s been asked!
Finally, here are the things you’ll definitely get: competitive salary, equity, health insurance, apple equipment, company trips and events, allowances, unlimited vacation days, unlimited sick days, recharge days, and more.
- Impress the customer
- Be successful as a company
- Be creative, inventive, and scrappy
- Keep it simple and execute
- Take a moment to understand others
- Feedback should make us stronger, not weaker
- Stay grateful
We are looking for a Senior Designer to help us build world class products. You will work with the product team to build experiences that resonate with our users on our website, mobile apps, and beyond (emails, landing pages, etc.). We think this is a dream job for an extremely talented, goal-oriented senior designer, that deeply cares about the little details.
The person in the role
- Help define and design user experiences on web, iOS, Android, and Mac.
- Talk to users and look at data to understand our users.
- Help us find and develop our design team
- Be a leader across the org and evangelize authenticity, simplicity, and purpose across everything we do as a company. Work with our brand marketing team to keep our designs consistent and on brand
- Work with product management to define a successful, repeatable design and discovery playbook
- Work closely with engineering on executional design work, providing on-the-fly input and direction.
- Help us build out scalable design practices, including the development of component libraries and design patterns
- 4+ years of full-time professional experience designing and shipping digital products, ideally for consumer-facing companies
- An online portfolio of product case studies that speak to both your UX and visual design skills
- You’re a generalist, and excel at anything from UX work and wireframing to fine-grained visual design.
- Ability to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to key stakeholders—you can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex task-based flows into clean, usable UI
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices, developments, and trends in web and native mobile design
- Extensive knowledge working and collaborating with design software like Figma or Sketch, and interaction prototyping tools like Principle, Origami, or Framer
- Humility and objectivity: you welcome design feedback and are eager to incorporate new ideas into design iterations
- You deeply care about the users and their needs
Intro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, to do impactful work together.