Customer Success Manager
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
The customer base for Gro Intelligence is rapidly expanding and in need of an experienced Customer Success Manager. This role will be responsible for enabling customers to achieve their business outcomes using Gro’s products and services. This role requires excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and a passion for customer enablement. In this role, you will be the main point of contact for a subset of existing customers and focused on their business goals. This role requires excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and a deep understanding of the customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Identify, create, and lead efforts for delivering value to enterprise customers
- Build and implement onboarding plans to ensure product consumption occurs in a productive way for the customer
- Support trialing customers with relevant materials to emphasize the value of Gro’s products
- Drive adoption and usage of Gro products within, and across customer organizations
- Create strategies for product expansion within customer accounts and ensure the renewal process is seamless
- Act as the voice of the customer internally and advocate for product enhancements, new features, and problem resolution
- Develop and drive customer success reporting methods to ensure customer retention and growth is maintained at the highest levels.
- Create and execute strategic customer plans, optimizing time to value and identifying areas where existing customers could unlock new value from our solutions
- Work across the sales, partner, marketing, and product teams to aggregate project information, disseminate updates, and escalate timeline conflicts
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of working on Customer Success/Support teams, ideally focused on supporting the winning of new business, sales renewals, and/or support functions. Preferably in one or more of the following industries:
- Cloud Platforms
- Financial Services
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- Public Sector
- Ability to thrive working in an emergent space, help define and build the business, figure out what works, solve problems for the first time, and help to establish a scalable, high-impact program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep intellectual curiosity about our product and understanding our customers’ motivations
- Ability to work and strategize in ambiguous situations
- Strong ownership mentality
- Solid grasp of technical concepts - you have to be able to explain our platform and be able to think strategically how to solve problems
- Experience using Hubspot or similar CRMs and analytical tools (e.g. Salesforce)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have
- Technical skills in support of using Python and APIs
The salary range for this role is expected to be $70,000 - $90,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, 20 days of PTO, 2 floating holidays, as well as health, vision, & dental insurance.
Gro is hybrid: employees work three days in-office and choose the days which work best for them.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.