Account Executive, Financial Services
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
As Gro Intelligence expands and focuses on customer growth, we are seeking an experienced account executive that will be responsible for expanding Gro’s business across the Financial Services industry.
This role requires excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and a deep understanding of customer goals and the selling process. As a sales executive, you will be responsible for business growth, including acquiring new logos, expansion within existing accounts, and driving a competitive win strategy across the Financial Services segment.
What You'll Do
You’ll be responsible for both developing new business relationships and selling Gro’s platform cross-vertically, as well as leveraging and expanding existing relationships.
- Be responsible for sales to key accounts, from end-to-end strategizing, outreach, business development, sales and relationship management
- Work with customers to understand needs and requirements
- Work with Business Development Representatives in strategizing account plans, conducting outreach, creating custom pitch decks for prospects and leading demos of our product
- Work collaboratively with Business Development Representatives, Customer Success, Product and Marketing teams to strategize on account retention and growth opportunities
- Ensure customer trial success by understanding specific customer goals and preparing necessary information in advance of trial commencement and continuing communication during trial in coordination with Customer Success
- Work through contract negotiations and close agreements
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of project requirements according to customer needs and objectives
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of data/analytics sales experience, focused on winning new business in one or more of the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Deep intellectual curiosity about our product and understanding our customers’ motivations
- Ability to work and strategize account plans independently
- Strong ownership mentality
- Solid grasp of technical concepts - you have to be able to explain our platform and be able to think strategically to sell how we can best serve each target customer
- Experience using Hubspot or similar CRMs
Nice to Have
Experience selling agricultural or climate related software/data
The salary range for this role is expected to be $90,000 - $180,000 plus commission. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.