Director of Corporate Sales
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
As Gro Intelligence expands and focuses on customer growth, we are seeking an experienced sales leader that will be responsible for building and leading the Corporate sales business function.
This role requires excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and a deep understanding of customers and the selling process. As the leader of this business unit, you will be responsible for business growth, including acquiring new logos, expansion within existing accounts, and driving a competitive win strategy across the Corporate accounts segment.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the growth and expansion of the sales business in Gro’s Corporate sales segment. You will lead a team of sales executives focused on developing new business relationships and selling Gro’s platform cross-vertically, as well as leveraging and expanding existing relationships.
- Achieve, or over-deliver, an annual sales target with quarterly and monthly accountability
- Monitor daily metrics to ensure sales targets, pipeline growth, and employee performance in support of company growth targets
- Act as a strategic sales partner to provide input with leaders across the business
- Own the onboarding process for new sales executives
- Use proven performance management processes to ensure sales executive and business success
- Responsible for tracking, updating, and communicating key project and performance deliverables and timelines
- Work across the sales, partner, marketing, and product teams to aggregate deal information, disseminate updates, and escalate timeline conflicts
- Manage and deliver weekly reporting updates
- Engage with product, marketing and customer support teams in support of sales activities when extra support is needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Foster a great work environment
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years leading Sales teams selling Cloud/SaaS-based solutions, preferably in one or more of the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Proven record of quota attainment
- Effective management and coaching skills to help team grow
- Understanding and usage of sales methodologies (e.g. MEDDPICC, Command of the Message)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer presence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep intellectual curiosity about our product and understanding our customers’ motivations
- Ability to work and strategize in ambiguous situations
- Strong ownership mentality
- Solid grasp of technical concepts - you have to be able to explain our platform and be able to think strategically how to solve problems
- Experience using Salesforce, Hubspot or similar CRMs and analytical tools
The salary range for this role is expected to be $150,000 - $190,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Something looks off?