Business Development Manager, Public Sector
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
As Gro Intelligence expands and focuses on customer growth, we are seeking a candidate with experience in enabling and growing a Public Sector business, leveraging relationships in the US Federal government to accelerate that process.
This role requires excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and a proven history of success working with US Federal customers. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building relationships and strategies aligned to business growth, acquiring new logos, expansion within existing accounts, and driving a competitive win strategy with the US Federal sales team. This role is not a direct sales role, but will work closely with the sales, product, marketing, and customer success teams to expand our presence with US Federal customers.
What You'll Do
You’ll be responsible for both developing business relationships and advocating for Gro’s platform broadly across the US Federal segment, as well as leveraging and expanding existing relationships. Key areas:
- Support US Federal sales teams, from end-to-end strategizing, outreach, business development, and sales and relationship management
- Help build an active pipeline that results in converting deals to wins
- Leverage your network and relationships with customers to understand their needs and requirements and match them with Gro’s solution capabilities
- Work with Business Development Representatives in strategizing account plans, conducting outreach, creating custom pitch decks for prospects and leading demos of our product
- Participate in US Federal customer events that provide a platform to showcase Gro’s solutions and capabilities
- Work collaboratively with Sales teams, Business Development Representatives, Customer Success, Product and Marketing teams to strategize on account retention and growth opportunities
- Support customer trials by understanding specific customer goals and preparing necessary information in advance of trial commencement, and continuing communication during trial in coordination with Gro’s Customer Success team
- Use the voice of the customer to work with product teams regarding product enhancements and future development efforts in support of the US Federal customer base
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of SaaS/Cloud sales and/or business development experience within the US Public Sector
- Existing relationships with senior US Federal customers in one or more Departments and/or Agencies
- Experience working via the US Federal procurement systems and with Federal partners (FSIs, Resellers, and Distributors)
- Deep intellectual curiosity about our product and understanding our customers’ motivations
- Ability to work and strategize account plans independently
- Strong ownership mentality
- Solid grasp of technical concepts - you have to be able to explain our platform and be able to think strategically to sell how we can best serve each target customer
Nice to Have
- Experience using Salesforce, Hubspot or similar CRMs
- Experience selling agricultural or climate related software/data
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Something looks off?