Senior Mobile Developer
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families and use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
We are building a team of changemakers. It is not enough to have the intention to do good - Esusu engineers translate intent into action. We believe that accomplishing our ambitious goals cannot be done by lone heroes. Lasting change requires work by synergistic teams, and we look for Engineers who are highly skilled at collaboration.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Mobile Software Engineer with extensive experience in mobile and related technologies expertise, to play a pivotal role in the future growth of our company. You will be responsible for leading the development of mobile applications which will complement existing web applications as part of a cross-platform app strategy. You will be embedded within an agile team of mobile, frontend and backend engineers responsible for consumer-facing applications.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to develop mobile applications for Android and iOS platforms. This will be a brand new mobile app that will complement our existing web frontend built with React and written in Typescript. Our back-end is microservice based, hosted in AWS, and mainly written in Go. Our data infrastructure has historically been on MongoDB, but we also have numerous PostgreSQL databases and we are evolving a data lake based on Snowflake. We are continuously innovating, and always open to new solutions. Because Esusu is a financial services company, we are obsessive about every aspect of security. We are Test-Driven-Development enthusiasts, and we are evolving towards a DevOps environment where your team is responsible for the full spectrum of development, testing, deployment, and maintenance, including working with product and operations teams to create customer-focused solutions. Even though we are 100% remote, Esusu’s culture is intensely collaborative.
You will be working on our next generation consumer facing apps, designing and building new features/functionality that will benefit millions of people. You will help set our future generation mobile framework and best practices. These products will drive the future growth of our company, and you will be pivotal in their development. This will require you to strip problems down to their essential elements, then conceive simple, elegant solutions –always planning for scale, always thinking from a customer and product-oriented perspective.
This role will report to the company’s Consumer Products Engineering Manager.
What You Will Deliver
- You and your team will create a suite of consumer applications that will help millions of people in their financial journey and keep a roof over their heads.
- You will lead the evolution of the consumer mobile platform and application.
- You will collaborate with engineers, product managers and user experience (UX) designers to design and develop modern, consistent, fast, responsive user interfaces using leading UX design patterns and best practices.
- You will mentor other developers on the team in their work.
- You will help maintain existing web apps, including testing, fixing bugs, troubleshooting, adding new features, and maintaining documentation.
- You will design and develop new custom components to meet project requirements.
- You will interface with product and business stakeholders to help to develop the product roadmap of our consumer facing services.
- Superb programming and software development skills –You can independently devise and implement solutions to problems with minimal explanation needed.
- Strong communication skills –You can efficiently translate between technical and non-technical audiences and have strong writing skills.
- High standards –Your work is of the highest quality and you continue to raise the bar within your immediate team and our organization.
- Balance velocity with long-term goals –You balance thinking big with delivering the right thing in an agile and speedy manner.
- Heart of a teacher –You are a capable mentor and able to inspire and empower others on your team.
- Very strong experience in building production ready mobile application technologies (iOS and Android).
- Strong experience building mobile applications using cross-platform frameworks like Flutter.
- Strong experience writing code using Dart or similar programming languages.
- Have published at least one app into production that can be downloaded for review.
- Superb communication, design, and technical writing skills - you can independently devise and implement solutions to problems with minimal explanation needed.
- Experience with TDD practices and testing tools such as Flutter and Dart test modules and Mockito.
- Experience creating solutions in an Agile environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment (we are on AWS).
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience in app instrumentation and analyzing and utilizing the results, particularly concerning usability and engagement.
Above and Beyond
- Experience with Firebase, Google Analytics, AWS Amplify, and Amplitude Analytics.
- Experience in front-end web development (eg. React-JS)
- Experience building mobile apps using native (Swift/Kotlin) code.
- Familiarity with back-end technologies including Nodejs, Go, Python, SQL, AWS Lambda, infrastructure as code, etc.
- Experience in a FinTech or PropTech startup.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Competitive Salary - for Series B startup - $180K annual
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Fitness/Gym Stipend
- 401K Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Work Environment - we are 100% virtual, spread across 5 continents.
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Mission driven company with strong culture
This job is eligible only for the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
© Esusu Inc. All rights reserved, Esusu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.