Senior Data Analyst
Democratize Access To Credit
Together we’ll dismantle barriers to housing for working families and use data to eliminate the racial wealth gap. The ability to build credit from rental payments has the potential to give over 45 million renters with little to no credit a pathway into the financial system. Those individuals then stand to save over $200,000 in reduced lifetime interest payments, build home equity by qualifying for mortgages, and build wealth by passing job screening requirements. The transformational impact of this cannot be understated.
The Engineering Team
We are building a team of owners and changemakers. It is not enough to have the intention to do good –Esusu engineers translate intent into action and outcomes. We believe that accomplishing our ambitious goals cannot be done by lone heroes. Lasting change requires work by determined and collaborative individuals with a customer-first mindset. Our engineers aim to delight our customers and drive our business and team forward by leveraging their technical skills, empathetic curiosity, and teamwork.
Our back-end is microservice based, hosted in AWS and mainly written in Go. Our front-end is currently based on React and written in Typescript. Our data infrastructure is based on MongoDB, PostgreSQL, S3, Sagemaker, Snowflake, Talend, and mainly written in Python. We are continuously innovating, and always open to new solutions. Because Esusu is a financial services company, we are obsessive about every aspect of compliance and security. We are Test-Driven-Development enthusiasts and embrace a DevOps environment where your team is responsible for the full spectrum of development, testing, deployment, and maintenance, including working with product and business operations teams to create customer-focused solutions. Even though we are 100% remote, Esusu’s culture is intensely collaborative.
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst with data analytics and business intelligence expertise to play a pivotal role in the future growth of our company during a critical time of transformation. You will be responsible for the data products, data analytics, and transforming data into insights at Esusu. You will own various product and business initiatives pertaining to our data processing, analytics, visualization, and correlation. This role requires a high degree of collaboration with key managers, product owners, and other peers and cross-functional partners that rely, product, and interact with the data domain across the organization (e.g, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Backend Engineers, Marketing, Sales). Your technical guidance along with collaborating with others will enable new products and improve current ones in order to reach more customers and provide delightful and enriching customer experiences.
You will be working on our next generation data analytics, visualization, and machine learning models that will enable Esusu to benefit millions of people. This work will allow you to own and lead key development features across multiple lines of business. In addition to the technical responsibilities, you will coach and mentor your fellow data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists. You will ensure efficient delivery through effective planning, engaging with others, prioritizing, and developing, testing, and releasing your work. You will exhibit and foster Esusu’s culture and operating principles.
This role will report to the company’s Data Domain Engineering Manager.
- Superb programming and software and data development skills – You can independently devise and implement solutions to problems with minimal explanation needed.
- Strong communication skills – You can efficiently translate between technical and non-technical audiences and have strong writing skills.
- High standards – Your work is of the highest quality and you continue to raise the bar within your immediate team and our organization.
- Balance velocity with long-term goals – You balance thinking big with delivering the right thing in an agile and speedy manner. You are curious, flexible, and nimble in your approach and implementation.
- Heart of a teacher – You are a capable mentor and able to inspire and empower others on your team.
- Very strong experience translating data into insights and business intelligence; proven record to prototype and guide product and business initiatives from this analytical information produced.
- Strong experience architecting and building data pipelines, data warehouses, data lakes, reporting platforms and visualization, and databases.
- Expertise writing code using general-purpose scripting languages like Python, R, Spark, SQL.
- Expertise building well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers.
- Expertise on data cleaning, data labeling, data catalogs/dictionaries, and data standardization.
- Expertise building and operating data warehouses and data lakes using platforms like Snowflake, RedShift, DataBricks, BigQuery, or similar technologies.
- Expertise working with analytics and visualization tools like Snowsight, Tableau, Looker, or similar technologies.
- Expertise working with relational and non-relational databases (e.g. NoSQL).
- Experience establishing data governance practices and principles related to master data management, data lineage, and data quality.
- Experience with data pipelines (ETL/ELT) with one or more data integration services like Apache Airflow, Talend, Fivetran, Alteryx, Informatica, or similar technologies.
- Experience with AWS services, including RDS, S3, SageMaker.
- Passionate about delivery in an agile environment.
Above and Beyond
- Experience in the FinTech or PropTech areas.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience writing code using general-purpose languages like Go, Python, C++, Java.
- Experience with microservices and event driven architectures.
- Experience on machine learning models, frameworks, and applications.
- Experience in SOC2 or similar certified organizations.
Key Technologies We Use
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Backend: Go, Python.
- Frontend: React, Typescript.
- Data: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, S3, Sagemaker, Snowflake, Tableau.
- Competitive Salary – for Series B startup – $USD 162K annual
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU)
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Fitness/Gym Stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Work Environment – a 100% virtual
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Mission Driven Company – a strong and driven culture
This job is eligible only for the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
© Esusu Inc. All rights reserved, Esusu is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.