SWE Full Stack
Who we are:
Empat provides Speech Therapy services to kids, using interactive games and technology so every child gets the support they need to thrive, while supporting Speech and Language Pathologists (aka SLPs) by streamlining their workflows.
At the foundation of the service lies our Speech Therapy Platform, which provides a medium for the therapy to be given. It includes video calling capabilities and interactive online games, and we’re in the process of adding a suite of new features to support the SLPs in their workflows.
In order to support the current and future features, we need a full-stack developer to design the architecture and build the product in a scalable, safe, and sound way leveraging standard web technologies and following best practices.
What we look for:
- You bring your best to what you do
- You’re excited about our mission to grow access to speech therapy for kids
- You care about user privacy and follow best practices to safeguard data with utmost respect
- You care about application security, and design and implement infrastructure and code that is safe and sound
- You can have a reasonable decision-making process and can lead effective discussions outlining tradeoffs and incorporating inputs toward reaching consensus
- You value and thrive being part of a culture that combines empathy, respect, and collaboration with high-performance expectations to drive positive impact
- Extensive experience building web applications, designing architecture, building with JS frameworks, Ionic, node, and AWS Serverless, writing tests, and setting up CI/CD
- You have extensive experience with Angular + Typescript, and Ionic
- You are excited to learn about gaming and Phaser