adyn is on a mission to make scientific discovery more inclusive.
Our vision is to be earth’s most inclusive and patient-centric personalized medicine company. We are living in an age of medical research gaps—a disparity that exists because the vast majority of biological literature is based on single sex studies of males of european ancestry. Research shows that achieving equality in science and medicine will improve our standard of care and long-term health outcomes, not just for women, but for everyone.
Our first product, The Birth Control Test, helps individuals identify the best birth control for their unique biology. We do this by integrating two biological readouts: genetics (read one time) and hormone levels (read multiple times throughout your life). By partnering with individuals, adyn leverages personal preference, medical history, and biological data to proactively help every (unique) body select the most desirable birth control option – with the least dangerous side effects.
Our values inform our research, our interactions with each other, and our community. We are:
- Powered by data. – We make informed decisions based on rigorous science leading to medically actionable results. Our endless curiosity is only satiated by lots and lots of unbiased high quality data.
- Celebrating unique strength. – We not only recognize our differences, but celebrate and learn from them. Our unique qualities powerfully inform our approach to each other, our work, our way of life, and our health.
- Equally scientific and rebellious. – We are as demanding in our quest to serve the underserved as we are exact in our science. Our work closes existing research gaps created by decades of unequal access to medical research and healthcare due to gender, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, LGBTQ+ identity, and geography.
- Collaborative. – Together, we examine problems, find solutions, and innovate quickly. By mobilizing multiple perspectives, experiences, and expertise we build trust with our patients and ourselves.
- Proactive. – We empower individuals with their own biological data to make informed decisions about their healthcare. In the pursuit of radical self-knowledge we are pushing the standard of healthcare from reactive to proactive.
- Thoughtful. – We consider the smallest details and the largest human impacts of our work. Taking time to listen, and evaluate input, we don’t rush what matters.